Nin in Croatia
This page will tell you all about Kitesurfing Nin.
The long stretched peninsula of Ždrijac Beach creates an awesome kitesurf beach in Nin Croatia. The peninsula is about 800 meters long. On one side there is the lagoon of Nin and on the other side the Mediterranean sea. Both sides offer clear blue flat and shallow water. These conditions make the spot great for learning the sport of kitesurfing. Don’t worry if there is no wind, the spot is awesome for stand up paddling as well. Paddle along the Adriatic coast with beautiful white sanded beaches and green scenery backgrounds. There is a kiteschool located on the beach where you can get your lessons and or hire a SUP board. It seems that there is no reason not to visit this place if you want to travel active!
- Rating: 7
- Beginner friendly: Yes, take a lesson at the kiteschool!
- Best wind directions: NE (Bura), E-SE (Jugo)
- Launch area: Sandy beach, be cautious with the sunbathing people on the beach.
- Water surface: Shallow (200m), flat and choppy
- Type of water: Adriatic sea
- Comments: Be lucky and ride the thermal winds in the summer!
- Beach rules: The spot Nin has some beach regulations to follow. Click on the picture below to get more information.
Best time to visit for kitesurfing
The best months to visit this spot are:
March, June, July, August
Are you interested in what is going on right now on the Ždrijac Beach? Check out the webcam:
Best places to go
Places to sleep
There is a great campsite for campers, tents and caravans near the town of Nin called Camping Ninska. Click here to get more information. Interested in hiring an apartment for a few days? Check out Aurora apartments.
Places to eat
According to Tripadvisor Nin has about 13 certified restaurants. The top 3 consists out of:
Enough food to gather in the small town of Nin!
Places to visit in the area (after kitesurfing Nin)
Enough things to do when you visit Nin. No wind? Check out these activities:
- – Hire a mountainbike, start from the campsite and go for a round. Check this page out.
- – Go for a sail cruise!
- – Rent a stand up paddle board at Kiteboarding Croatia on the beach
- – Visit the underwater world of the Adriatic sea, check out Scuba Adriatic
- – Take a kayaktour through the beautiful blue waters! Visit kayak-tours Croatia in Zadar.
- – Relax, go for a swim and have a drink at laguna beach!
Places to shop
The best place to visit during your kitesurftrip will be the shed of Kiteboarding Croatia on the beach. The local kitesurf school will teach you the finest tricks of kitesurfing, but also offers you a shop with the best gear.
Enjoy your time kitesurfing Nin!