Fishermens huts – Aruba
This page will tell you all about kitesurfing Fishermens huts.
In between to the hotel area and Aruba Noord there is the famous kite and windsurfing beach called Fishermens huts. This place is famous due to its yearly event called Aruba Hi-winds. Windsurfers and kitesurfers from all over the world gather to compete in a freestyle and race competition. Aruba has a relaxed surf atmosphere. Almost every night there is a party going on this warm happy island. There are many things to do on Aruba like scubadiving, snorkelling, stand up paddling, boat tours etc. The tradewind coming from the east is almost blowing everyday. The wind on Fishermens huts can be gusty because it comes from land. The experienced kitesurfers like the offshore wind, because it makes it possible to jump just in front of the beach, which looks really spectacular! Don’t worry, because the kiteschools have boats ready to pick you up if you are unable to come back. Let them know if you are still unexperienced. Kite untill sunset and enjoy the happy island of Aruba!
- Rating: 8
- Beginner friendly: Only if you are able to kitesurf upwind with gusty winds
- Best wind directions: All directions (will be east mainly)
- Launch area: Sandy beach
- Water surface: Shallow reef and flat water
- Type of water: Ocean
- Comments: The wind is always gusty and offshore, so be careful with launching, landing and coming back to the beach
Best time to visit for kitesurfing
The best months to visit this spot are:
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September
Are you interested in what is going on right now on the beach in Aruba? Check out these webcam pages:
Best places to go
Places to sleep
There are many hotels in the hotel area. It won’t be difficult to find and book one of these mainstream hotels, so we will give you some alternatives which are less known. Check out:
Places to eat
Around the hotel area you will find many restaurants. Walk around and find your best ‘all you can eat’. If you want to avoid the crowd, you might want to visit Bingo Aruba or other restaurants more inland of Aruba.
Places to visit in the area (after kitesurfing Fishermens huts)
Enough things to do when you visit Aruba. Don’t hesitate and go for a:
- Snorkel session all around the island
- Go for a downwinder around the island!
- Take a cocktail and party on the beach at Moomba beach
- Take a scuba dive course to discover the underwater world of the Caribbean
- Hire a stand up paddle board and paddle along the east coast of Aruba
Places to shop
Get your equipment at FX Sports.
There are many kitesurfing school on the beach. A good option is Aruba Active Vacations.
Enjoy your time kitesurfing Fishermens huts!